Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rahim's Summary

Disaster Relief:

While considering the complexity of earthquake relief/disaster relief, my hopes are to design a product that will aid the town of Lota and prepare the city in the case of a future natural disaster. Such a product, which may have the potential to aid a city such as Lota during devastating times, may also be able to aid other nations, should they also experience future devastating natural disasters. During my trip to the town of Lota, I hope to analyze how individuals are currently living as a result of being severely impacted by the earthquake. Understanding current living conditions as well as the specific needs of the population of Lota, will enable me to design a product that will not only meet those specific needs, but will also enable the population to be better prepared in the case that a disaster might strike again. I also hope to visit the current temporary shelters and evaluate the living conditions there as well, in order to look at basic hygiene and sanitary needs. In the case that I am not able to come up with such a product, I hope to focus on the area of disaster preparedness, which is the education that is provided in order to strengthen and prepare individuals in the case of a future disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment